In secondary and upper primary, Consciousness for Kids sessions can be used as an intervention for groups from aged 8-18.
Students attending might:
- have difficulty concentrating;
- be experiencing stress;
- find it difficult to focus;
- often feel overwhelmed.
Sessions last 30-40 minutes and feature the five-stage process of Consciousness:
- Settling – The session begins with fast-paced music, slowing down over several minutes to bring the mind and body down to a relaxed state. As the music slows, the tones become softer in preparation for the next stage of the session.
- Stopping – Following this, the streamed session will guide young people in a period of breathing exercises and Meditation.
- Focussing – The third stage of the session moves onto some guided Mindfulness activities.
- Reinvigorating – Moving towards the end of the physical session, the pace moves up again as the young people are encouraged to free-form their own dance.
- Gratitude – The final stage is to record the things they are grateful for at that moment, helping them to leave the session with a positive mental attitude.
Meditation, Mindfulness and Gratitude are shown to help people develop:
- Increased academic performance,
- Increased attendance,
- Better emotional self-regulation,
- Less stress,
- More acceptance of social difficulties,
- More forgiveness,
- More generosity,
- Greater joy and pleasure in activities,
- Closer to friends and family,
- Improved ability to cope with life challenges.
What does it cost?
Initial training—per staff member
Either central courses or for more than eight staff we can deliver this on-site, includes Programme Handbook.
Price per year
£250 per year with resources for 24 students
Includes streamed sessions, Gratitude Journals, on-going support and updates. Mindfulness activities will require resources commonly found in schools.
How long is the training?
The training for teaching staff to deliver the programme is 3.5 hours long and includes a practical demonstration of a session.
Why per year ?
The costs include the streamed audio for sessions, in addition to updates to the programme, plus ongoing phone and email support for your staff. Also included in the cost per class is a set of Gratitude Journals from the Gratitude for Children range, RRP £180.
Where are the central courses held?
We have central courses in Newcastle, Coventry and London. Please ask us for dates.
Will you come and train our staff on-site?
Yes, if you book training for more than eight staff then we will deliver the training on-site.
Find out more
Download more information:Introducing Consciousness for Kids
Get in touch
To book onto a course or ask a question, please email email@example.com or call 02381 120010.
*Prices exclude VAT